Malaysia's international education sector has grown tremendously in the last decade and the country is fast becoming a centre of educational excellence in South East Asia. Malaysia is currently the world's 11th most preferred study abroad destination. According to UNESCO, Malaysia has captured a 2% market share of international students in the fast growing private education sector. Malaysia currently has more than 80,000 international students from more than 100 countries. International students enjoy a safe and comfortable living environment with 21st century amenities, good healthcare and medical facilities, excellent educational institutions, and world-class recreational and sports facilities. Malaysia offers international students many options of quality education programmes at an affordable cost.
In addition, Malaysia is becoming a preferred country for foreign investment in the higher education sector. There are many foreign university branch campuses in Malaysia at present and more are expected to be established in the near future. The government welcomes foreign universities to establish branch campuses in Malaysia, particularly in Iskandar Malaysia's EduCity in Nusajaya (Johor) and Kuala Lumpur Education City (KLEC). Due to all these reasons, students want to study in Malaysia to further their dreams.
Admission Process to Study in Malaysia:
To be assured of obtaining the best quality advice about the opportunities available for studying in Ireland, students should register with The Edutrust. After registration, students will be carefully guided through a number of key stages, maximising their chances of getting admission in the institutions of their choice. This is how we, at The edutrust, work on the malaysia admissions process.
You register with edutrust and be assured of obtaining the best quality advice.
• Profiling :
We make an assessment of your academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
• Standardised Tests :
We evaluate the requirement of any standardised tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
• University/Course Selection:
Together, we shortlist potential universities and courses that match your profile.
• Document Editing :
We edit the essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
• Application review and submission:
The completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
• Interview Preparation :
We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
• Visa Counselling :
We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
• Pre-Departure Information :
We deliver comprehensive information about the country of choice to ensure that you are completely prepared for life at an overseas university.
Student Visa for Malaysia from India:
Here is a list of documents required for Malaysia:
• Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
• Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
• Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
• Two academic references
• Two references from employers (where applicable)
• Passport sized photographs
• Statement of Purpose (SOP)
• Draft for application fees, if applicable
• Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
• Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Scholarships to Study in Malaysia:
• Intakes in Public universities: September
• Intakes in Private universities: February, July, September
Students considering Malaysia are recommended to begin the application procedure 8-12 months prior to the intake. Scholarship deadlines vary amongst institutions. In order to capitalise on the available Malaysia scholarships, we advise you to walk into Edutrust education Offices as early as possible.
Education Cost for Studying in Malaysia:
Are you thinking of studying in Malaysia? If yes, then you will be interested in knowing about the education costs in Malaysia. Take a look at the cost of higher education in Malaysia to get an idea.
• Undergraduate Bachelor Degree - US $11,000 to US $18,000
• Postgraduate Masters Degree - US $9,000 to US $18,000
Living cost in Malaysia:
US $6000 per annum
The average monthly rental for a single room on a twin-sharing basis could be between US $100 and US $150, depending on the area, the type of accommodation and the facilities available.
Other Living Expenses:
• Groceries and eating out - $40 to $80 per week
• Phone and Internet - $5 to $15 per week
• Public transport - $10 to $20 per week
• Personal expenses - $ 10 to $ 20 per week
• Entertainment - $20 to $50 per week